Posting Date: May 11, 2017
Closing Date: Open
The CNC Lathe Operator 2 is responsible for Operation of CNC Lathe in order to manufacture aerospace components as per drawing Able to Follow work instructions and Set-up sheets during shift to maintain the integrity of the parts as they come of the machine during the production cycle time
- Operation of CNC Lathes with Faunc Controls
- Establish efficient production processes to maintain parts in print tolerance
- Minimum 2 year experience running CNC Lathes
- Operation of CNC lathes on daily basis.
- Inspection of parts as they come of machine.
- Deburring as needed during production.
- Fanuc control knowledge a plus
- Basic knowledge of commonly use M and G codes
- Aerospace knowledge a plus but not required
- Blue print reading level 2 with continued training
- Follow schedule set by supervisor
- Use micrometers and other precision tools
- Observe machine during operation
- Shop Math used on daily basis
- Introduction of boring 3 Jaw Chuck and properties that are involved
- Boring 3 jaw chuck setup under Supervision
- 1st part inspection prior to signing into QA for buy-off
- Introduction to carbide and grade selection
- Recognize any cutter/tooling issues on Lathe
- Speeds and feeds and how to determine
- Multi-Axis operation and understanding
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Able to read blue prints at level 2
- Able to hold as little as ± .0005 total tolerance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret work instructions, drawing and procedure manuals in English. Ability
- to effectively present information and respond to questions in English.
- Mathematical Skills: Strong Geometry knowledge is foundational. Must also be able to convert metric to inch and do decimal to
- fraction conversions. Must be impeccable with decimal placement.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
- schedule form.
- Basic Knowledge of Boeing BAC specs
- Experience in aerospace industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Basic computer skills
- Lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Standing, walking and sitting throughout the workday.
- Use of computer keyboard and mouse.
This position does require concentrated mental and visual attention to maintain accuracy of work.
Work may be performed in an office environment or the manufacturing area of the facility which may require use of safety glasses and hearing protection. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt, noise, odors, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc. may also be encountered when in the manufacturing areas to varying degrees.
How to Apply:
Completed applications may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail, or delivered directly to the office during business hours. May submit by mail to 11504 Airport Rd Bldg G, Everett, WA 98204. Onamac is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Disability / Veterans Employer.